Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Week 51

One More Week


     One more week until Christmas, and one more week until I've completed my 52-weephoto challenge!  Here are a few pictures of Christmasy things around our house.
     Tomorrow evening, the first of our sons will be arriving home for his Christmas holidays.  It will be good to have some other living souls, besides my husband and I, in this house, and I will have opportunities to take some photos of real live people and not just inanimate objects!
     The anticipation of seeing my youngest son, whom I have not seen for two months is great - I can not even imagine the Jewish people waiting hundreds of years for their Messiah to arrive!  It is a miracle in itself that Mary, Joseph, Zachariah, Elizabeth and others believed the visions and the angels' announcements to them that God was finally sending the Redeemer that had been promised for so long.


"Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.  She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.  All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet [Isaiah]:  'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel -- which means, God with us.'"
Matthew 1: 20 - 22 NIV


                                               Figurine with Christmas tree bokeh in the background                            Dec 14  2013

                                                Lego Santa from when my two oldest sons were little                                Dec 2013 

                                          Some of my pretty coloured glass ornaments                                     Nov 2013

                                Wooden sleigh that my father-in-law made many years ago                       Dec 16 2013

                                                               Poinsettia                                                                Dec 17 2013

                                      Christmas Teddy who always looks a little forlorn                                Dec 16 2013

                                              Some of my Christmas book collection                                       Dec 17 2013                 

No comments:

Post a Comment