Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Week 50

A Closer Look


    I was hoping that by now we would have had a significant snowfall so I could have had the opportunity to take some beautiful, outdoor, snowy scenery photos.  However, we still have only had little amounts of snow. (Update:  Today as I am posting this, it is snowing nicely, but I am in no shape to go out and take pictures as I am recovering from some arthroscopic knee surgery that I had yesterday.)  The following are a few pictures of somewhat ordinary objects, that I took on a walk around my house the other day.  Sometimes you have to look closely to see beyond what seems to be very plain and insignificant.
     God used many "ordinary" people, things and events surrounding the extraordinary birth of His Son:  a census, shepherds, a stable, a donkey, a carpenter and a teenage girl. 

                             "And Mary said; 'My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour, 
                                                for He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. 
                                                         From now on all generations will call me blessed, 
                                        for the Mighty One has done great things for me -- holy is His name.'"
                                                                                    Luke 1:46-49 NIV


                                                     a little frost and snow on the grass                                       Dec 8 2013


                                                           red berries by a fence                                                 Dec 8 2013                             


                                               inside ornament brought outside just for the photo                              Nov 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment