Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Week 26

Peonies

     I love peonies.  They are so big and showy and fragrant, but I do wish they lasted longer. They look great for a couple of days and then they start to get droopy and then it isn't long until the edges of the petals start to wither and turn brown and then in another day or two the petals start dropping off onto the ground.  
     Our lives hopefully last longer than peonies, but the bible reminds us that in the grand scheme of things, our lives are fleeting.  We need to make the most of our lives here on earth and make sure our faith is in the God of the bible who can give us eternal life. 

     (Speaking about how fleeting the days are... this week marks the half way point of this 52-week photo challenge project.  I understand that people have been having trouble leaving comments directly on the blog.  I have changed a setting here, so hopefully that will enable comments to be left now.  I have appreciated those who have commented on the links that I put on Facebook and continuing to comment there is fine.)


                                                      Pink peony just about to open up                                June 15, 2013
"Show me Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; 
let me know how fleeting my life is."
Psalm 39:4 NIV


                                                             Pink peony at its peak                                             June 20, 2013
"He [man] springs up like a flower and withers away;
 like a fleeting shadow, he does not endure."
Job 14:2 NIV


                                                               Pink peony past its best                                     June 24, 2013
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen,
 since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
II Corinthians 4:18 NIV


                                                            Fuschia peonies                                                      June 15, 2013
"I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; 
no one will snatch them out of my hand."
John 10:28 NIV


                                                                    Fuschia peony bush looking pretty sad                               June 24, 2013
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."
Isaiah 40:8 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment