Thursday, June 13, 2013

Week 24

Trip to Northern Ireland

Dave and I have just returned from a vacation in Northern Ireland.  We enjoyed being together with some of Dave's cousins and experiencing their wonderful hospitality.  The weather was absolutely perfect (Apparently, to to have 7 consecutive days of sunny skies  with temperatures in the low 20's is quite unusual in Northern Ireland, so we considered ourselves very fortunate.)  We did some family history research, which included tromping around some cemeteries, we did some sightseeing in the city of Belfast and enjoyed a beautiful tour of the North Antrim Coast.  I will post more photos on Facebook, but the following is a glimpse of what we saw. 

View from North Antrim coast over to Rathlin Island with Scottish Islands in the distance 
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters." 
Psalm 24:1 & 2 NIV


White Park Bay -  North Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland 
 "Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and all that move in them."
Psalm 69:34


Lifeboat in harbour at Portrush, North Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland
 "Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge."
Psalm 16:1


Carrickfergus Castle
 "From the ends of the earth I call to You, I call as my heart grows faint; 
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For You have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. 
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.  
For you have heard my vows, O God; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name."
Psalm 61: 2-5 NIV


Lane way in the village of Ballyeaston with Ballyclare in the distance
 "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, 
for you are God my Saviour, and my hope is in you all day long." 
Psalm 25:4 & 5 NIV


Second Ballyeaston Presbyterian Church where Dave's father was baptized as a baby
"To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, 
for ever and ever!  Amen."
Ephesians 3:21 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment