Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Week 17



My First Spring Flowers


                                                                                                Daffodils are just so cheery!  April 23, 2013

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land."
Song of Solomon 2:11 & 12 NIV



                                                                                                                              Pansy  April  22, 2013

"Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven."
Psalm 85:11 NIV


                                                                         The bee arrived just in time for the photo!  April 23, 2013
"[to the One] who gives food to every creature - His love endures forever
Give thanks to the God of heaven - His love endures forever"
Psalm 136:25 & 26 NIV


     Isn't is refreshing to see signs of spring after a long winter?  When I look out of the back of our house from my kitchen table, it makes me happy to see a cluster of cheery daffodils waving in the breeze! (The waving in the breeze makes them very hard to photograph!) 
      I decided that the front of our house needed a little colour so yesterday I got my hands in the dirt and planted some little pansies in a "bunny" planter in a bed at the front of our house. 
      Speaking of bunnies, last evening I saw a wild mother rabbit nursing a tiny bunny on our front walk.  It was so cute to see the mother cleaning the little one while he/she sucked away.  The mother rabbit just sat up as she nursed.  I wondered what would happen if she was startled and had to dash away, but they finished and the little one was told to hunker down in my periwinkle ground cover and the mother scurried away.  
      The birds are busy making nests.  There is one robin who insists on trying to make a nest on a ledge above our front door.  She brings all these leaves and twigs and they just fall off or blow off and every day I sweep the debris off our step.  Hopefully she will soon realize that her spot is not a good choice and will find a nice tree somewhere. 
      The flower in the above picture with the bee on it, is a mystery flower.  The little yellow flowers look a bit like miniature dandelions.  They are tough little wild flowers/weeds as they are growing around stones and in cracks between cement at the side of my neighbour's house.  Every morning they look like they are wilted and dying and their petals are all closed up, but then as soon as the sun comes around in the afternoon, they open up again.  Perhaps there  is a lesson there to keep our eyes on the "Son."  John 10:10 says "I  have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
    I am looking forward to watching more new life  appear around my neighbourhood over the next month.  My family hears me say every year that "May" is my favourite month of the year and May is fast approaching!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment