Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week 38

 Bees, Nectar & Honey 

     The bees were busy this past weekend collecting nectar from the flowers around our cottage.  There are 3 different kinds of bees and/or wasps in the following photos.  I'm not sure they all use the nectar they collect for making honey, but I think at least the fuzzy yellow one is a honey bee.
     I have the hardest time with my macro lens getting what I want to be in focus, in focus.  Between the bees moving, the flowers moving, and my camera moving (next time I must try the tripod) it is a challenge.  While it looks like I have some decent photos, these are the best of about the 50 that I took!



"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
Psalm 119:103 NIV


                                                                              Bee on white sedum                                              Sept 14, 2013


                                                            Bee on pink sedum                                                Sept 14, 2013


                                                          Bee on pink sedum                                                    Sept 14, 2013


                                               I like the detail you can see on his legs                                  Sept 14, 2013


                                                         a bee/wasp on pink sedum                                           Sept 14, 2013


                                                               Bee on zinnia                                                        Sept 15, 2013


     While I was leisurely taking photos of bees and flowers, my husband was as "busy as a bee" cutting the lawn, spreading grass seed, hauling away dead tree branches and cleaning out the eavestroughs.  And this was all after doing a 10km run!  I figured he at least deserved to have his picture on this week's blog!

                                                              My hard working husband                                    Sept 15,  2013

     

No comments:

Post a Comment