Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week 28

Mmm...Local Farm Fresh Produce


     I grew up in a farming community and even though I live in a city now, we are fortunate to have farm fresh produce very close by.  So my whole life I have been able to eat strawberries and other fruits and vegetables the very day they have been picked when they are locally in season.  Strawberries are a favourite of our family and when they are in season we pretty well eat them every day.  And tender fresh peas...how delectable!  My dad and mom used to love having creamed peas on toast for lunch.  My husband and children think that is a little weird, but I used to think it was a great meal!  Every year when I make creamed peas (as a side dish!), it brings me back to my childhood and reminds me of my parents.  I can picture myself sitting on our covered porch helping my mother pod peas.  Food seems to evoke some very strong memories!

                                                 Strawberries... sight...smell...taste!                                           July 2013
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8 NIV


                                                                                   Worth the work!                                                          July 2013
"He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate - bringing forth food from the earth..."
Psalm 104:14 NIV


P.S. There will be a few weeks this summer when I will be on holidays and not posting on Wednesdays, but I will be sure to be taking pictures and will double up on the posts when I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment