Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Week 22



New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale - Quilt Auction
Saturday May 25, 2013

"If anyone has material possesions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?  Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
I John 3: 17 & 18 NIV

                                                   Baby Quilt that I donated to the quilt auction                                   May 2013

"Feature" Quilt that depicted a quilt being readied by the girls to be auctioned

The feature quilt was sold for $10,000!

I have donated a small quilt each year for the last 5 years to the Mennonite Relief Sale - Quilt Auction.  I sit for hours in an arena watching the almost 200 quilts auctioned off.  I am always worried that no one will bid on my quilt, but they sell them all!  I was a little disappointed this year that my quilt didn't fetch quite as much as I had hoped, but had to remind myself that every little bit helps the Mennonite Central Committee with relief work all around the world and maybe the $125 dollars from the sale of my quilt will help some mother or father in a developing country start a small business that will support their family.



Visiting Our Little 7 1/2 Month Old Grandson
Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Children are a gift from the Lord; babies are a reward."
Psalm 127:3 New Century Version


                                                                    Our beautful grandson                                                   May 26, 2013

                                   7 1/2 month old Hikaru with his 17 1/2 year old Uncle Tim                         May 26, 2013

                          Enjoying his rice, fish and bok choy dinner - see his two little teeth?          May 26, 2013
     

We ended our weekend with a trip to Toronto to visit to our son, daughter-in-law and grandson.  Hikaru studied us very soberly when we first arrived, but soon warmed up to us and was the best little fellow for our  whole visit, including going out to a restaurant for dinner.  He certainly is a gift from God that we are so thankful for!  


No comments:

Post a Comment