Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 2

                                                                                                           A Friendly Neighbourhood Snowman

        "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."         
Proverbs 15:30 NIV


I was waiting for a fresh snowfall and a sunny day, so I would be able to go outside with my camera and hopefully get a great photo for this week's photo entry.  We finally had some fresh snow on Sunday so I went out in the falling snow with a plastic bag covering my camera and did a little photo shoot.  All the pictures seemed a little dull without much colour or shining sun to brighten them up.  However, many children must have taken advantage of the great "packing" snow because this  morning when I was driving through the neighbourhood, I spotted lots of cheerful snowmen on people's front yards.  This fellow was a great one with his carrot nose and colourful buttons.  Even though it still wasn't sunny today, at least the colourful  buttons and scarf give the photo a bit of life!  I would have liked to have taken more time with the snowmen, but I was a little self conscious taking photos of a strangers' front yards!  Next time the conditions are perfect for building a snowman, I will have to make one myself!  


                                                                                                                                                                              The Whole Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment